Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

CEDAR POINT!

Let me start by saying that I have rarely seen Courtney more excited about anything in her life than she was about going to Cedar Point Amusement Park. So I wasn't at all surprised this morning when I was awoken two hours before the park even opened by this fanny pack-wearing dime piece:

Our main concern for today was that the weather was supposed to be absolutely terrible--rain all day and thunderstorms in the afternoon. On the way in it didn't look good, and we were very worried:

I actually thought it was raining right when we got in the park, but alas it was just a gull dropping a deuce on my head, which was exciting. Things cleared up quickly, and the whole day was PERFECT! It was even sunny in the afternoon. I guess the crowds were scared by the rain threat, so we got to ride all the best rides more than once, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If you're used to Carowinds, this was WAY better. These coasters were stinkin monsters--behemoths--some of the biggest in the world. Our favorites of the day were TOP THRILL DRAGSTER, MAVERICK and THE MILLENNIUM FORCE. Here's Court explaining the TTD, as it's known.......to me.




Anyway, in summary, the day was awesome. We feel very blessed by God to have had such wonderful weather. We made lots of friends in the many lines we waited in. We had a blast in the park....all day....from 9am-8:30pm.





And finally, If you want a little taste of what it is like to ride a roller coaster at Cedar Point, check this out (if you notice the t-shirt I'm wearing--just sending a little love to my old coworkers at LL&S, YEAH!):





2 comments:

  1. i am so obsessed with your blog!!! ahhh!! this post was awesome! keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete