Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

BIG SKY COUNTRY is no joke

The blog has gone by the wayside for the past four days since Court and I have been living it up in Yellowstone National Park....with no internet connection. During our time there I celebrated my big 25th birthday, WOOHOO! Thanks SO MUCH to all the folks who wrote me messages or called, etc. I feel very loved...and old!

Thursday (6/30) brought us through ND and into Montana! MT is a beautiful state, and the scenery was really amazing, particularly compared to Minnesota and ND. (Sorry to hate.) 

Some have asked how the Hyundai is holding up, and I'll have you know she is running like an absolute DREAM--getting 27mpg, even with the bikes on top.
North Dakota
So boring, signs don't even want to be here.
Hello, Montana!
Mountains!...kinda

Court and I were very excited to be staying with some of my parents’ friends in Billings—The Sandes. It was VERY nice to get to sleep in a real bed and eat DELICIOUS, home-cooked meals after camping and eating out of the cooler primarily. It was even nicer to be able to spend an entire evening getting to know some really great people! Many thanks to the Sande Family!

The Sandes
Dinner on the back porch........phenomenal
How'd you like to see THAT from your front yard?
I'm going to try to post some pictures from Yellowstone tonight, but we've got fireworks to watch in Salt Lake City! Maybe we'll see Mitt Romney........You never know.

2 comments:

  1. Had a great time catching up on the trip over the weekend. So jealous right now as I sit in my office. Stay safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're hilarious David. Glad you didn't get eaten by bears!!

    ReplyDelete